- Senior Physical Therapist, Advanced Rehabilitation, Inc.
- Director of Industrial Operations, ARI Integrated Work Injury Solutions
- Bachelor of Science, Ball State University
- Masters of Science Degree in Physical Therapy, University of Indianapolis
- Certified WorkWell Functional Capacity Evaluation, Functional Job Analysis, Functional Job Descriptions, and Pre-Work Screen Certified
- Certified DSI Work Solutions Functional Capacity Evaluation, Job Function Analysis, Job Function Matching®
- Atlas Network Provider
- Member American Physical Therapy Association
Ben Sanford, MS, PT is Director of Industrial Operations of ARI Integrated Work Injury Solutions and serves as Senior Physical Therapist and Management Team Member at Advanced Rehabilitation, Inc. He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology and Pre-medical Preparation from Ball State University in 1997 and Masters of Science Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Indianapolis in 2000.
Ben has over 17 years of experience working in outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation, industrial rehabilitation, functional capacity evaluation, work injury prevention, ergonomics, early intervention, case coordination, on-site physical therapy and work injury management services. He has developed and designed company and occupation specific trainings for high MSD risk jobs. Ben has consulted in a variety of occupational settings including automotive, aluminum, electronics, foundry, furniture, filtration, office, paper manufacturing, petroleum, and transportation. He currently serves as an active consultant and work injury specialist with a variety of local and regional companies in addition to developing future work injury prevention solutions and programs.
Ben has published articles pertaining to work injury in the journal, Rehab Management, and served as an expert contributor to an article in the journal, Advance for Physical Therapy and Rehab Management. He has presented locally and nationally on topics including ergonomics, work injury prevention strategies, and work injury metric development. Ben is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), the APTA Private Practice Section (PPS) and has served as Nominating Chairman for the Indiana Southwest District of the APTA.
Ben and his wife, Jeri, and children reside in Santa Claus, IN. In his free time, he enjoys running, biking, playing various sports and coaching youth sports.